Frequently Asked Question
PrivateStorage is an open-source based, decentralized cloud storage system with verified end to end security it is designed to use provider independent security meaning neither PrivateStorage nor your internet service provider will ever have the ability to read or modify your data in the first place. NEVER! Our application uses the following to ensure you and your data is secured through us:
Client Side Encryption
- All folders saved with us are encrypted before leaving your local device, preserving the confidentiality and integrity of your data.
- Folders stored are accessed through the use of special codes known as capabilities, not using passwords or email addresses, for enhanced security and privacy.
Bi-directional folder synchronization
- Regularly and automatically sync your local folder with the cloud and your other devices.
Native Desktop Integration
- Easy-to-use, simple desktop applications for all major desktop operating systems: macOS, Linux and Windows.
No Data or Vendor Lock-in
- Retain control over your data with an open protocol design and complete software transparency with open source code.